Grape & Farm Safety Days
Grape Day originated in 1952 and was created by a Lodi Chamber of Commerce Agribusiness Chairman, Calvin Mettler, and a U.C. Davis Extension agent to provide the latest information and thinking around grape culture to harvest.
Grape Day topics vary from year to year. In previous years, topics have included:
- Information on the latest forensic viticulture- keeping vineyards from insects and disease.
- Measures taken to keep Lodi water pure from contaminates by pesticides.
- Irrigation technologies
- And marketing information
Grape Day 2020 takes place on Tuesday, February 25 at Hutchins Street Square. Registration will be open soon. For questions, email or call Karen Cannon at 209-367-7840 x105.
Farm Safety Day
Farm Safety Day was created in 1992 and takes place at the Grape Festival Grounds. This class was created to educate farm workers in the community about pesticide use, cleanup, and overall safety.
Farm Safety Day topics vary from year to year. In previous years, topics have included:
- Pesticide labeling
- First Aid and health effects of pesticide exposure
- Leaks and spills and how to properly clean them up
- Environmental protection and how to avoid groundwater contamination
Farm Safety Day 2020 takes place on Thursday, March 5 at the Lodi Grape Festival Grounds from 8AM - 3PM. Registration for this event will open soon. For questions, email or call Karen Cannon at 209-367-7840 x105.