The Lodi District Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to "Securing Lodi's Economic Future". Our number one priority is to create a stronger local economy, which according to our member relevancy surveys, is what the primary work of the Chamber should be. We do this by advocating on the behalf of our members, increasing their visibility through numerous events and programs, informing our members on news relevant to them or their bottom lines, and promoting them through multiple media platforms. As a member-focused organization and community partner, The Lodi District Chamber of Commerce works as a catalyst for business growth, a convener of leaders to implement positive change, and a champion for a strong community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides leadership to the organization by planning and implementing strong and effective business advocacy on social and economic issues affecting the business community. The successful candidate will have strong writing and communication skills.
- Establishes effective and fair relationships with all stakeholders. The CEO will work with City, County, State and business leaders on a regular basis.
- Manages the Government Affairs and Public Policy of the Chamber and directs the Candidate Endorsement Committees.
- Understands the makeup of the local economy and its industries in all sectors.
- Communicates on behalf of the Chamber with the membership, the general public and local businesses, ensuring that organizational and business concerns are communicated regularly and effectively to all parties.
- Works with the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee to establish and implement the corporate strategic plan, mission and vision. Provides leadership, training and input to the Board. Coordinates Board recruitment and board and membership meetings. Works with the Board Chair to develop agendas for the Board and the Board Committees.
- Manages Chamber events.
- Manages the Chamber budget and financial outcomes.
- Manages the Chamber staff and develops employee engagement and relations with the Chamber.
- Oversees Membership development, retention and due’s structure.
- Manages Direct Marketing and communications on behalf of the Chamber including e-newsletters, member communications, website management, social media campaigns.
- Proven leadership skills with 5+ years of experience in running a Chamber or a comparable membership organization.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Proficiency in technology skills utilized for management, communication, recordkeeping, virtual meetings and other systems that make the organization efficient and effective.
Knowledge and proficiency in social media channels and analytics are a plus.
Strong desire to make a difference.
WACE Academy or U.S. Chamber Institute of Organizational Management graduate.