Those who live in Lodi for the most part view their community to be a cut above many other cities. We are blessed with the beautiful Mokelumne River that sets our Northern boundary and supplies the picturesque Lodi Lake. Lodi has plenty of tree-lined streets and many safe neighborhoods. All of this is bathed in a Mediterranean climate, cooled most evenings by “the Delta breeze.”
In 2020, we want Lodi to be regionally known as a very attractive community in which to raise a family. Lodi’s charming Downtown, its deeply rooted farming values and heritage are complemented by being an established wine destination. Lodi embraces cultural diversity and is safe, friendly, and has a magnetic sense of community.
STRATEGY 1: Development of family oriented anchor attractions
- Field a community research team to investigate other cities for family-friendly attractions that provide entertainment for citizens and have the added benefit of attracting tourists.
- Once an attraction is identified, survey or promote to developers who are able to procure the land, design and build the attraction.
- Preserve Lodi’s existing traditional events that add to Lodi’s sense of community
STRATEGY 2: Bring Lodi’s diverse cultures into a cohesive community by activating inclusive leadership.
- Catalog existing programs and services, connect them to one another, coordinating services and identifying gaps. Do all this with several goals in mind - safety, attractiveness, and livability.
- Identify additional needed programs, not currently offered, and develop programs/services for improving livability and embracing Lodi’s diversity.
- Encourage leadership by all of Lodi’s cultures in community planning for improving the livability and unity of Lodi.
- Design events that bring together all of the cultures in Lodi
STRATEGY 3: Set a community goal to sustain the agriculture that encircles Lodi
- Encourage and help establish value-added agricultural businesses that embody both farm and white collar job opportunities.
- Develop community awareness for preserving (sustaining) the all important sense of community for which Lodi is famous.
- Develop a Committee to look at creative ways to sustain ag-land in the so-called, “Greenbelt area” to the South side of Lodi including: profitable ag and ag-tourism businesses, as well as, public use areas.
STRATEGY 4: Secure a post-secondary education institution in Lodi
- Support the current efforts of the Citizens For a North Campus of Delta College.
- If the above is not available, support efforts to attract a four-year small college to Lodi that offers degreed programs that fit local job opportunities and community needs, i.e. agriculture, health care, manufacturing, etc.
Want to make an impact in your community through Livability? Contact us to let us know of your interest!